5 Signs Of A Dirty House
Jul 15th, 2010
Unexpected guests? Here are the 5 dead giveaways of a dirty house. Fool even your mother-in-law by taking care of these things (from Good Housekeeping):
- Piles of mail - Hide them in an attractive basket with a lid, or keep one kitchen drawer empty for last-minute stashing.
- Dust bunnies and cobwebs - Look high and low in the corners of the room where you'll be entertaining. Pull down cobwebs with a broom and pick up dust bunnies with a handheld vac.
- A messy bathroom - Toss one of those blue drop-in cleaners into the toilet tank and no one will know that your bowl's not pristine. Quickly wipe down the sink and toilet seat and swipe the mirror with glass cleaner.
- Dishes in the sink - Quickly move them to the dishwasher. Or, if that's full and you're desperate, rinse them off and stash them in the oven. Just don't forget to take them out, or the baked-on food will be really hard to clean.
- Full trash cans - Empty any full waste bins into whatever large-capacity can is out of sight