Use Body Language to Stay Safe
Apr 26th, 2010
USE BODY LANGUAGE TO STAY SAFE
(Cosmopolitan) The way you carry yourself can prevent an attack by communicating confidence and invulnerability. Here's some important advice:
- Hard as it might be, put down the cell phone and iPod headphones. They can distract you and scream "easy target."
- There are times when a leisurely stroll is in order, but when you're by yourself and just trying to get from point A to point B, use a brisk stride as if you know exactly where you're going.
- Every once in a while, do a 360 degree spin while you're walking to glimpse what's behind you.
- When heading for a car or building, have your keys at the ready so you don't need to fish for them in that oversize handbag you love so much.
- Avoid situations where you're weighed down with lots of packages. Ask the store staff for help getting them to your car.
- Though high heels are clearly difficult to run in, they can actually be used as a defensive weapon in an extreme emergency.