ARE YOU HIGH MAINTENANCE BUT DON’T KNOW IT? THESE SIGNS SAY YOU ARE!
It can be easy to slap a label on your significant other, but much more difficult to realize when it applies to yourself. Fussy? No, not me! Needy? Never! Cheap? No way! Just to be certain, here are a few signs that you (or someone you love) could be high maintenance. So pay attention here and take some inventory – too much of this selfish behavior can quickly kill the romance.
• You expect gifts – often. And, if it’s not precious gemstones or metals, you’re disappointed. You also turn your nose up at homemade gifts whether it’s flowers from someone’s garden, a scrapbook, or a fresh-baked basket of cookies.
• Your phone calls, emails and texts need to be returned right away.
• Valet parking is a must in your book. You would never expect a date to include self-parking or (gasp) metered street parking.
• You need to be pampered when you have the slightest of sniffles. Your partner must drop everything to nurse you back to health, fetch blankets, deliver hot soup, stock up on your favorite magazines, rub your feet, and massage your achin’ head.
• You expect something grandiose and well planned out on your birthday – you’d be insulted by a small affair with just a few friends. After all it is your Big Day…
• You’re overly sensitive to your environment – always too hot, too cold or too annoyed by littlest things like the TV volume being a tad loud.
• You can’t order at a restaurant without doling out a long list of special needs and tailored requests.
• You complain about walking more than a block or two – and feel it’s so much better to be chauffeured around.
• You require multiple phone calls a day just to remind you that you are, indeed, loved.